Thursday, March 8, 2007

The New York Times

I really want to subscribe to the New York Times, but I have several factors disuading me at the moment. 1) No steady job. I'm still a college student buying day old bread and meat thats about to expire. 2) What do you do with all those papers afterwards? 3) Do I really want the New York Times, or do I just want to be that guy who subscribes to the NYTimes? 4) Would I actually want to read it everyday? 5) Would I have time to read it everyday? 6) What if someone takes my paper in the mornings? that would suck. 7) Am I really ready for this kind of commitment? A twelve week subscription would be longer than any relationship with a lady friend I've had. (maybe thats because I insist on refering to them as 'lady friends')

I just bought last monday's paper, and it was awesome. I enjoyed reading it. I read it while waiting for some laundry at the corner laundromat. So actually, I'm not sure if I actually greatly enjoyed reading the paper, or just found it more interesting than watching my clothes get dry. I'd love to have more of a connection to NYC, and to be more in the know of all the happenings. I just dont know if I'd read it every day. Maybe I'll just subscribe for a week. I wouldnt want to move too quickly, or be too forward.